Cornwall Sustainability Awards (CSA) aims to encourage, reward and gain recognition for the excellent work businesses are doing to improve their own sustainability and that of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly as a whole. There are many categories in the competition, giving a diverse group of SMEs the chance to enter.
The Low Carbon Society were winners of this years ‘Creating a Sustainable Energy Economy’ category of the CSA, sponsored by Cornwall New Energy.
In total, 9 SME’s who have been supported by Cornwall New
Energy to address their own sustainable energy requirements were shortlisted
for one of the 14 awards up for grabs. And the winners for the following
- Best Managed Medium Business: St. Austell Printing Company
- Best Contribution to the Built Environment: Ward Williams Associates and collaboration partners
- Best Contribution to a More Sustainable Tomorrow through Innovation: Build Solar
Also highly commended:
- Best Managed Small Business: Urban Biodiversity
- Best Contribution by an Individual: Charmian Larke (Atlantic Energy)
Congratulations to all the applicants, it’s great to see sustainability high up on Cornwall’s agenda